Friday, May 16, 2014

It's Not Even Summer Why Is the DJ keep on playing Summer Time Sadness?





          As we know Calvin Harris has blown through the charts. He went from nothing to the most famous DJs. But, Harris lacks one thing. Lyrics. He fails to write his own lyrics. Nothing yet to I Need Your Love featuring Ellie Goulding. The lyrics in the song Summer is repetitive making it less fun to listen to. I wanted more out of the song but, I couldn't find anything to make the song good. That made me dislike the song even more. But, the more times I listened to the song the better it got. For some reason the song has grown on me making the song still bad but not as bad as the first time I have listened to Summer. Now the music video. The music video strives to have good qualities but it doesn't. The good side the music video goes with the song. The music video has a great focus on what Summer is really about. Girls, pool parties, alcohol, and road racing. The song Summer came out too early causing it not fit in with season. Overall the song is good but not good enough. The violins in the beginning get major points because, of how well clean they are. I liked the beginning the most. For more music reviews keep it on Paul's Summer Blog. PH. Shout out to Cole C for being a nice and cool friend.


6.3/10 Okay

Pros: 

     + Violins in the beginning

     + Strong music video

Cons:

     - Song out of season

     - Repetitive lyrics

     - No featured artist
     
     - Awkward bass towards the end of the song

No comments:

Post a Comment